Wednesday, March 14, 2012

In other news...

We spent the weekend in Duluth, Minnesota doncha know!  This was a quick, unexpected trip for a funeral.  Hubby's great-aunt passed away, so sister-in-law, mother-in-law, hubby and I loaded up in the car and started on the 9 hour drive.  I thought it would be tough and I would be a pain because I would need to stop all the time, but I wasn't the pain.  Baby and I were content being a passenger and stopping when anyone else needed to.  I'm not sure I would travel any later in pregnancy then 35 weeks because it did get a little uncomfortable on the way home due to swollen feet and exhaustion.  But, even though it was travel for a funeral, we did have a good time.

Hubby's family that came for our wedding made the trek to Minnesota also.  We got to spend some time with them, and only a few aunts and uncles were missing, and of course plenty of cousins.  Also a fabulous time when the clan gets together.  They sure know how to celebrate things, whether celebrating marriage or someone's life, they have a good time.  We played dress up with some of Aunt Bunnie's clothes, coats and hats, and shared some good laughs going through all the things in her house. 

After the funeral, we joined up for a little bit of touring the town.  If you have never been to Duluth, I'm not sure you miss a whole lot.  But I can now say I was on the beach at Lake Superior with snow on the ground! 

So after a long weekend of traveling, hubby and I are trying to catch up on our sleep and house work.  It's not working so well since he had things to do Monday night and Tuesday night we had our 2nd child birth class.  The next few days are dedicated to straightening and organizing and cleaning our house because my sister-in-law, good friend, and mom are hosting our baby shower at the house!  And after the baby shower, the ladies are crashing the "man shower" at the farm!  Here's to another long, eventful weekend :)  And beautiful Spring weather!!

No comments:

Post a Comment