Thursday, December 8, 2011

21 Week update

Wow, over half way there.  I can't believe it's gone so fast.  And to think that we haven't started on anything yet, except baby names.  We find out tomorrow baby's gender, then it will be an all out baby blast at our house.  I've been looking at cribs for a month now and I THINK I found the one I like, but I'm so worried about finding sturdiest one; so I continue to read other buyer's reviews.  One day, I hope not to be such a worrier and just do it on instinct!  But I guess it can't be all that bad, I did, however, find my husband with careful thoughts.

Anyway, today they are comparing baby to a banana.  This whole time, I thought the fruits and veggies were actually a comparison in overall size, but today, I'm thinking it's just certain parts, such as length.  Because if my baby is the size of a banana in width, we have a long way to go!  Baby almost weighs an entire pound. 

Life is still pretty normal, nothing majorly changing during this time.  Well, except that some people like to call me "fat" because they think it's funny that they can do that for the first time in my life! But it's ok, I know I'm "fat" for a reason. :)  I have a couple pairs of maternity jeans that I wear just for comfort right now.  I am still wearing 4 pairs of pre-preg jeans, but one will soon be retired.  Shirts are a different story.  I continually dig through my closet hoping to find something I forgot I had that was a little too big before, but I am running out of options.  I need to do a full on maternity shirt shopping spree! 

As far as cravings, I still enjoy most foods.  I have noticed that my want for fruits and veggies and salty snacks has increased.  I'm trying to stay away from sugar as much as possible (which is not so easy when I really enjoy candy bars!) because I think Buzz gets on a sugar high and does more partying.  Speaking of parties, Buzz really enjoys the late night ones the best.  Every night, about 9:15, when I am crawling into bed and just getting comfy, he decides he doesn't want to sleep.  Which is fine, because it doesn't keep me awake at all.  But last night, it started then and I fell asleep.  Hubby came home at about 10:30 from fire training, and I woke up to Buzz having ANOTHER party.  But there was one really awesome thing that came from this party...hubby finally got to feel baby movin' an a groovin'!  He was so excited, he called me from work and said he woke up with a smile on his face thinking about it.  I think he will be even more excited when he gets to see the little one tomorrow. 

And, almost every night, hubby says, "Goodnight, Buzz.  I love you!"  And it melts my heart already :)  This is more then I could ask for.  Better then anything hubby could physically do for me right now. 

So, in a few days, I will let the blog world know if we are expecting a Prince or a Princess.  I know what my mom thinks and I know what my hubby think, let's just see who's buying who supper at our favorite restaurant!
(sorry for lack of photos lately.  I do have a post planned with a couple photos soon!)

Enjoy the sunshine and crisp air! Tomorrow will be filled with lots of excitement, fun, and family as we go to our appointment and celebrate our nieces 3rd birthday with hubby's family!

2 comments:

  1. Yahooo!! Can't wait - I'm thinking prince ☺☺
    love ya
    Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Aunt Dolly, but I am thinking Princess. Can't wait to find out!!!

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete