Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Rhubarb Cheesecake Bars

Last week, a great neighbor brought over a bag of rhubarb.  Thanks, Tan!  I've been wanting to make a few things with rhubarb but haven't decided what yet.  I always make Rhubarb cheesecake bars once a year, so I was excited for those. 
In the meantime, I chopped all the rhubarb and put it in the freezer.  Easy way to have the yummy veggie all year.



Rhubarb Cheesecake Bars

Crust:
2 cups butter, softened
2 cups oatmeal
1 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 cups flour

Filling:
2 - 8oz cream cheese
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups diced rhubarb

Mix all crust ingredients together until crumbly.  Press 1/2 - 3/4 of the mix into the bottom of a 9x13 greased pan.  Reserve the rest for the top.
I like to mix the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer to make sure it's smooth.  Then stir in the rhubarb.  Spread over the crust and top with remaining crust mix.
Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.
This recipe halves well.  I made half in a 9x9 pan and it turned out just as good!

Enjoy! :)




1 comment:

  1. I have a great Rhubarb recipe that I need to share with you...it's been a huge hit around here. I have a pic of it and will try to get it blogged about soon!!!

    ReplyDelete