Saturday, July 30, 2011

A Lego Saturday

So somewhere between laundry, folding clothes, sweeping and mopping floors, dishes, picking cucumbers, cleaning bathrooms, and catching up on Big Rich Texas and Gulianna and Bill, I managed to baked a cake and make it look somewhat like a Lego cake. 
And now, I'm going to sit down, put my feet up and enjoy a glass of wine.  I feel I deserve it.  I believe weekends were made for catching up and relaxing.  Yes, I sit on my butt during the week, but that is not relaxation! 

I still have a couple hours before we need to head over to Happy Joes for our nieces birthday party.  Heck, I might even catch a nap in my rocking chair on the deck!

Here is a look at the "Lego" cake.  I will admit now, this is NOT my favorite cake. 
Main cake.  Ava asked for a chocolate cake

But, I like vanilla cake, so I used this one for the "8"


After the dirty icing....this was the thinking step


After all my thinking, and winging it, I came up with this.  Not what I wanted, but it works.
 The nobby part of the lego is a large marshmellow cut in half and frosted.  That was NOT easy!

These are the other 2 cakes I made for Malayna.  I also made Ava a butterfly last year, but it was a mess and I didn't take pictures of it.
But I can't decide which of these two if my favorite, so I will pick both! :)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome cakes. And what a smart idea to use marshmallows. I just found your blog and your wedding pictures are beautiful.
    www.crystalcattle.com

    ReplyDelete