Friday, July 22, 2011

We are Family

As I mentioned in an earlier post, we had our family get together weekend this past week.  The farm is never quite the same when everyone gets there.  More beverages are consumed in that one day then probably the whole year.  Not saying we are all alcoholics, but there are quite a few of us and we like to have a good time!

This year was a little different.  My uncle got married at the farm and had a reception in a nearby town.  After the reception, most of the guys decided to go golfing while the women went back to the farm and enjoyed the beautiful weather and hot temps. 

Every year, we learn a little more about each other and share more stories and tons of laughs to create new memories.  It's even better when a cousin comes that you haven't seen in at least 8 years.  Life kinda stops for the weekend while we all put our feet up and throw back a few drinks.
Sometimes you get the enjoyment of seeing your father in his new shorts, sandals, and holy farmer cut off...for the first time ever.


D checkin' things out.


Hubby showin' us how its done.
Horseshoes

My brother, popping a JiffyPop the hillbilly way


The whole family....minus a few cousins
And I may be from the country, but I am wearing a dress and I like to dress up!

A little glimpse of the farm

Beautiful flat land

This is what we call hills in ND

4 comments:

  1. Love the pictures of your family, still laughing at your brother! Made me realize that I am not there to help him with his marketing this year :(.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pics and the good memories of a fun time...... love ya - Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always nice when the family can take time out of their busy schedules to come together and hang out for the weekend. It was a lot of fun and always nice to see everyone. Love the picture of your dad.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog! Thanks for the comment on mine today. Connecting with more ND rural bloggers is so fun for me! I'm following and reading now. I'm located in south central ND and my family farms in east central ND.

    ReplyDelete