Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Project 31: Day 6

Day 6: Jaded Beauty.  Has the world's definition of beauty ever jaded you?

I will start by saying, I'm sure it has.  I do struggle with somethings about myself because of the world's definition of beauty, but I try not to wear myself out because of it.  I definitely do not keep up with the latest trends and I don't feel obligated to.  My hair is plain, but easy and likable for me.  My weight isn't a "size 0" but I'm healthy.  I don't have tons of designer clothes, and I don't care.  I have a pimple now and then and some acne scars from my teenage years.  I may not fit the standard of a model, but I don't care. 

The only thing that bothers me, sometimes, is my weight.  I am 5'1" and it is sometimes hard to keep your weight maintained when you are that short.  I am mostly lazy and love to eat.  I gain 2 pounds and I notice it because there are few places for the weight to go.  I may not be seen in a beauty magazine, but at least I don't have to spend hundreds of dollars on primping and priming myself everyday.  I have more time for myself and friends and family because I don't spend hours with my "beauty regimen's."  Life is happier when you can just accept yourself.  When I was younger, I had a boyish haircut and wore sweatpants and oversized t-shirts everyday.  I never minded.  I still had friends and "boyfriends." 

Okay, back to reality.  I do and have watched shows/movies wishing I had some other girls life.  Because she is "beautiful" and has a "perfect" life.  One thing I do NOT get caught up in is fashion/beauty magazines.  I look at them and laugh because I know those girls do not look like that and some of the outfits are just plain ridiculous!  Really, I live in ND and do NOT need a dress completely made of fur with my 6 inch diamond heals and a multi-colored plastic purse with a ginormous flower on it.  I can't be jealous of those woman! 

If beauty means something other then rushing home so I can put on my sweat pants and  hoodie, then my husband most not see it either.  Hubby fell in love with me and he knew exactly what I look like.  I have great friends and family who have seen me without my make-up and my hair a mess, and they still love me (that can be a scary sight some times!).  They love me for the inner beauty, not my outward appearances.  I wish young girls could figure out exactly what inner beauty is and how much more it means then looks. 
If you don't mind, I would like to throw out a website for those who might need a little pick-me-up because of "beauty."  Operation Beautiful is a great project and I wish many young woman would embrace it.  http://operationbeautiful.com/   - check it out please! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment