Friday, April 8, 2011

A necessary {vent} of sorts...

After a few days of dwelling on a "motherly" situation, I am in need to "venting."  I know life isn't perfect and I am not like everyone else, but I wish I could change one thing...other's mother/daughter relationships! 

Obviously, over the years, I have learned that the relationship that I share with my mom is special and different then others.  I just wish I could change the way some mothers hold their daughters (or sons for some matters!).  A bond between a mother and daughter is very precious and the most wonderful thing in the world.  I will admit, my mom and I have had our times, but we always forgive and forget, life goes on. 

I have a situation within my circle of family and friends right now that has caused me to really look at life without my mom.  It wouldn't happen.  Our relationship means the world to me and I'm not sure where I would go or be without her.  I just hope that one day I can be as close with my own daughter. 
My wedding May 22, 2010
Photo Credit: J. Burman Photography
My mom.........supports me through everything.  Pushes me to be the best.  Laughes with me.  Cries with me.  Loves me when I am right.  Loves me when I am wrong.  Gives me her opinion when needed and shuts up when she knows its best.  Argues with me when she knows I am "being dumb".  Puts me in my place when needed.  Is my mother when I need her to be, my friend at other times.  Will party with me.  Loves my friends.  Adores my husband.  Enjoys life.  ......the list goes on.

It takes a special woman to know when to be a mother and when to be a friend.  A daughter is in need of her mother's unconditional love and support.  A mother never talks her daughter down or holds a grudge.  Life is much to short for pety arguments and such.  Little "dates" with just your mom can change the whole world.

Open support and open arms for a daughter are much needed. 
One of our yearly trips to Medora.
I grew up with an older brother, who I love and am close with.  I never had a sister.  My mom was the "next best thing."  My mom and I tell each other almost everything.  Sometimes I can't believe the things I tell her.  She knows everything about my life.  We call, text, or e-mail daily.  I know that one day she won't be here and I want to get the most out of it now! 

I just wish I could show a certain mother that the time she has with her daughter is precious.  Her daughter will be leaving for college soon and will probably never live in the same state again.  She is off to bigger and better things and I love her for that.  A mother should not feel or act like their children owe them something and that without the parent, the child would be nothing. 

Okay...sorry about the vent, but I hope to show some mothers that a relationship with their daughters could change both their lives.  Take your daughter to lunch, or a pedicure, or shopping, or just sit at the table and laugh.  Stories and memories are a precious treasure.  Please get out there and make those memories with your son or daughter before its too late!

No comments:

Post a Comment