Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy (belated) Mother's day!

Once again, I'm a day late and a dollar short.  Well, maybe not just a dollar, but that's for another day. 

I've already done a "tribute" to my mom, but I need to say a few words again.

She really, truly is my bestest friend. 

Mom and I on May 22, 2010.
Photo Credit: J. Burman

She was the one who was there for me from the day I was born (obviously, not explanations there!). 

She was the one keeping me mostly sane throughout my high school days of bitchy snobby girls. 
She was the one pushing me to be my best and cheering me on when she had NO clue what was going on.  This includes basketball, volleyball, and dance recitals.

She was the one who I called from college when my world was falling apart. 
She was the one who I spent at least one day a month with on our shopping trips to the near by "city."
She was the one taking me out for lunch/supper and drinks when I just needed a break.
She was the one who my friends loved from the time they met her.
She was the one keeping my secrets when I had no one else to share them with.
She was the one who felt the wrath of my teen years.

She is still the one who I call when I have exciting news or I just need to vent, or just need to TALK (because I love to talk).
She is still the one who cheers me on when I am trying to accomplish something.
She is still the one looking out for me from behind the scenes.
She is still the one who offer advice when she knows she should and shuts her mouth when she knows it's time to stop talking.
She is still the one who feels the wrath of my bitchiness when I retract to my teen years, but loves me anyway.

Not only is she my best friend, but also my mother.  And I am SO thankful for her and blessed to be able to call her that. 
My life would truly not be the same without her unconditional love, support and open arms.

And also the reason I'm scared for my children! Just kidding ;)

So on this day after Mother's Day, I just want to say, I love you mom with all my heart and I am so thankful for everything you have done and do for me (and my husband). 

No comments:

Post a Comment