Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sometimes you have to stop...

And remind yourself why you are so blessed. 

Looking at pictures of the flooding going on in North Dakota and around the US and the tornadoes and storms down South, reminds me how lucky and blessed I am to be where I'm at. 
The only "natural disaster" that I have had to live through was our house burning down.  Sad time, yes.  We lost almost everything, yes.  But I still had my family and some pictures to remember my childhood. 
Some of these people may never get those things back. 
Some don't have family to lean on for support.
Some don't have what they need to start over.
Photo Credit: Bismarck tribune

I just remind myself that I have a good life and I couldn't ask for more.

My amazing family on my dad's side
My beautiful friends and family.
I feel like I should spend my Memorial day weekend sandbagging and hoping those who need my help, instead of spending the weekend with family for my sister-in-laws graduation.  I wish there was something I could do with the time I have.  But for now, I will continue to pray for those in need.

Enjoy the time you get with your friends and family and have a great Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment