Thursday, March 31, 2011

Scotcheroos

When life is better and I can rejoin the world in eating solid(er) foods, I will make scotcheroos again.  I'm only posting this, because as I did some research on another German food, I noticed that many people outside of the Midwest didn't know what scotcheroos were.  Or they did, but by a different name like Special K bars.  Either way, these need to be tried...ASAP!  Trust me, de-lish!



Scotcheroos

1 cup sugar
1 cup corn (Karo) syrup
1 cup peanut butter
5 cups Rice Krispies

Dissolve sugar in the syrup on stove over medium heat.  Heat until boils, stir so doesn't burn to bottom.
Remove from heat and mix in peanut butter.  Pour mixture of Rice Krispies and press into 9x13 pan.
Melt 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 cup butterscotch chips together.  Spread over bars.  Let set to harden.

*I've also used this recipes with Cheerios and Special K cereal.

The sun is shining, the pain has slightly subsided this afternoon, and its almost the weekend.  Enjoy the vitamin D!

No comments:

Post a Comment